Enter your keyword

I Really, Really Need to Remember This

May 1, 2012

While reading a favorite health/fitness blog of mine,
I came across these "7 Lovely Logics" and captured a pic to share:

Photobucket

I loved reading through each one and remembering:

"Oh yea, I need to stop worrying so much. I need to make myself a little happier, and I need to stop comparing myself to others. Look at all the blessings that I do have. There's too many to count."

With everything that has been going on for the past month,
It's hard not to worry.
I hate not having a set plan and not being able to say:
"Oh yes, we are ___{insert set plan here}___."
Yea we have a general outline/plan,
but nothing is set in stone.
This worrying of mine has become so consuming that I have let it affect my mood,
and my happiness.
I want Kevin to be happy,
and I want to be happy,
and I need to remember that I can control my mood.
And I hear that a happy wife makes for a happy husband....
On top of that,
I constantly catch me comparing myself to others,
and saying stupid things in my head like:
"Look how much farther along she is, and how tiny she is! I am a fat lard."
or
"Her hair is always done and colored perfectly, I wish mine was....I hate my hair right now..."
You get it.
Stupid things that I have been taught since grade school NOT to do.
I need to remember that I'm a daughter of God and of worth too.

Anyways,
I just wanted to record these feelings while I was having them.
Here's the lyrics to a song I've been singing in my head lately:
{i am sure you will recognize it...}

"I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows too late.

Lead me,
guide me,
walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with Him someday."

4 comments

  1. I think we all could use those pieces of advice. Life is hard for everyone and we all have our own challenges. Pregnancy always makes it hard though because your hormones are going crazy and no matter how cute everyone else thinks you look, what size you are, or whatever, it's hard to feel cute. At least it was for me. I hope everything starts to be less stressful for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so great, thanks for posting. Everything is harder or just different to deal with when you are pregnant. I am a huge planner! We have some opportunities that might be coming our way with big changes, but since we don't know all the details, I just can't think about it. I just have to live in the moment and when those changes come, deal with them then. I hope you don't get too stressed, and if you do, getting a foot rub or a pedicure always calmed me down :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so true, thanks, I needed a reminder too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.s. good luck with all these changes :)

    ReplyDelete