Enter your keyword

apples. apples. and more apples.

October 4, 2010

My boss is so nice.
Look at this BULGING bag of APPLES!
He gave them to me today.
I wish I had an apple peeler now.....
I might have to make a trip to the store tonight.


In other news...
I was talking with a co-worker last month and we ended up talking about how our mornings that day had gone.
I found out that he had been making bread at 5am.
Why so crazy early?! {I asked}
And then he explained to me about a special device that he has, that allows him to pay less for using his house energy on "off" hours.
Whoa.
So being the smarty-pants that I am, I went straight home after work that day and told my hubby.
We had the handy dandy-device installed the next day.
It works like this:
If we run our power sources (ours are mainly the dishwasher and washer/dryer) anytime between
11pm and 7am
we are only charged 3cents/ kilowatt. Without the timer it is 10cents/kilowatt.
Oh yea, and weekends are 3cents period. No matter the hours.
Bombin' deal? I think: YES.

(I think it looks something like this)

Now today Kevin opened up our power bill.
GUESS HOW MUCH WE SAVED?

Thirty big ones.
Oh yea. That is a lot to us if you didn't realize.

3 comments

  1. NO way! Please tell me that is for all of rex. and not just your house?? PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is AWESOME! i will have to talk to sam about that when he gets home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, ANYONE can get it! Just call up Rocky Mountain Power!

    ReplyDelete