I've got a confession to make.
October 31st isn't my favorite holiday.{I know, poo on me.}
And because of this, our house doesn't really get decorated for it.
Halloween reminds me of things that scare me.
And I HATE being scared.
I mean, why put up skulls and spider webs and freaky-looking scarecrows when they're ugly,
right?
WRONGO.
The wonderful Rhonna Farrer {from House of 3} has shown me how "cutsey" decorating for this holiday can be.
How cool are these displays?!
I think they are freaking adorable!
I vow now that when Kevin and I are rich and living in a wonderfully large home (with a garage),
I will decorate my house like this for Halloween.
In fact I will decorate for every holiday because we will have the money to do so.
And I will put colored candy into cool glass jars.
And make little fancy labels for everything.
And it will look cool.
..................................................
This is totally unrelated to the above, but I had to tell about it.
So, I've been reading this book, Agent Bishop.
And this morning I decided to take it to work-at the last minute-to read when it got slow.
I read a little, it got busy, time passed.
Then I was called up front to schedule a uhaul.
Well, I got to the counter and asked for the customer's name,
and he says: "Wally McPheters".
Whaa?
Mike McPheters is the author of my book.
McPheters is not a common last name.
And so of course the next thing out of my mouth was:
"You're not related to....MIKE McPheters, are you?"
And he WAS!
It was his little(like45+) brother.
How weird that I just happened to be reading that book,
happened to bring it to work,
and happened to help the author's brother with a uhaul reservation.
Neat.




Love those decorations! I am not a huge fan of Halloween decor either. But these are adorable and so tasteful.
ReplyDeleteDang those are cute. Oh to have enough money to decorate for every holiday.
ReplyDelete"and make fancy labels for everything. And it will look cool." hahahaha
Cute ideas and cute cooks. I think yours were just as cute as Bird's. I want someone to make me some fun Halloween cooks. Mabes I'll have to make them myself. I can't believe it's supposed to snow. Good old Rexburg. I went to the pool yesterday. . . .
ReplyDeleteSO cute!! i love those! it makes me want to decorate, and I'm not big on decorating for anything but Christmas.
ReplyDelete