Sometimes I love my job.
Like today, when I got to witness this:
I'm at the register when a father and son come up.
The boy was holding a broken toilet plunger, and the dad says:
"Go ahead and tell her what you need to."
The boy, with his head hung low, says quietly to me:
"I was goofing off back there (points to the plunger aisle) and accidently broke this. I can pay for it."
He looked about 11, and was just so small and polite.
I knew this was a teaching/learning experience for both father and son, so how could I make him pay for the dumb plunger after that sweet confession?
I didn't.
"Oh! Thanks for telling me! But I won't make you pay for it. Thanks for being honest!"
They left and that kid was smiling from ear to ear.
Then Krista and I just super-glued the handle together where it had split.
And I had warm fuzzies in my heart all day!
awww! i love this story! you are so nice! i bet that little boy was so scared! one time, i stole a road cone, and my mom made me go hand it to one of the construction men in the middle of the day. only i guess the difference from your story is I was 19. but i was still scared!
ReplyDelete