Enter your keyword

The Oregon Trip

October 15, 2010

Saturday & Sunday

A month or two ago my mom called and informed me that the fam was going to try to go on one last trip before the year ended.
She asked if we wanted to come and I said:
"Uh, is this a trick question?"
Yeaaaah!
So on Saturday October 9th, Kevin and I drove the four+ hours to Meridian to meet up with the gang.
Our destination?
Sunday morning we caught an early sacrament meeting and then loaded up.


We took the Big Blue Beast.
A 15 passenger van my parents bought when I was 13.
It comes in handy on these loonnngggg trips.


You likey the plate?
muhahaha.
I think I made my mom buy it when we got the van.
It rocks.


Here are Mom and Dad packing away.


And here we are so excited to leave.


"We're off like ruptured ducks!"
That's what my Dad always says.


Kevin wasn't sure what to think about the whole thing at first.


Things got a little loud.
But we quickly took care of the problem.


And we made a couple pit stops.

It was an 8 hour drive, which ended up being a little longer because Oregon road laws are stupid and have the highest speed limit of


I don't know what they're thinking.

We arrived at the hotel around 8pm, which was really 9pm Idaho time.
We unpacked and then all voted to go walk along the bordwalk.
It was too dark so I didn't take any pictures of that, but  there are plenty more to come!

End day 1 and 2.

Post a Comment