Enter your keyword

Scenes From the Weekend

April 17, 2011

My weekend started out with this little punk.

Photobucket

I got off Friday afternoon,
and since the weather was somewhat cooperative,
I decided to go for a run.
I also thought it would be fun to take Tank along...
BAD idea.
We ran about 2 blocks before he started slowing down,
and then I had to keep coaxing him to keep up with me for another block,
 before I realized it was hopeless.
Tank's thoughts were probably something like:
"Geez lady, I'm a friggin' shih tzu, not a doberman!"
No workout for me.
We walked to Porter Park where we saw Garen and Katie with baby Lainee,
so we walked around with them for a while before heading home.
.......................

Did anyone ever watch Fantasia when they were little?
Because I sure did!
Between the ages of 4-7,
every time we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Simmons's that movie was put in.
I loved it.

Photobucket

I thought the parts with the real people were boring,
so usually we {the girl cousins} would fast forward to our favorite part,
which was the unicorns and flying horses and centaurs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also remember each of us choosing which "horse-girl" we were,
and we all fought over the blue one.
She had the prettiest and longest hair,
with FLOWERS!

Photobucket

Secretly my favorite couple was these two.
They had a swing.
Awesome!

Photobucket

This dude always scared me,
so we rarely ever watched him.
Watching it now,
I think this part is kinda psycho.
There's like little nudies dancing around - what the heck?!
I didn't remember that when I was little.

So we got this in the mail {thank you Netflicks} on Thursday,
and I tried watching it that night,
but fell asleep.
Again,
 last night I tried watching it and fell asleep.
That classical music is just so relaxing!
Haha,
but today I finished it while eating lunch.

......................

Friday night we went on a double date with Jeremy and Kristin,
who were our first "official" married-people neighbors ever,
from back on Everett Place.

The guys took us to eat some good burgers at Sammy's,
and then to a movie.



I love everything on my hamburger.
Kevin,
on the other hand,
likes very little on his.

Photobucket

The girl getting our food ready looks up from reading our order and says to Kevin:
"Soooo just lettuce and fry sauce?"
Yea,
that'll do.
{haha! sometimes my hubby can be a little freak. loves to ya babe!}

Photobucket



About this movie...
We didn't much care for it.
There were some funny parts,
but more profanity than we wanted {and especially expected for a PG movie!}!
It was one of those see it once,
then never again.
.....................

And then there was Saturday.
Kevin planned some more 4wheeling fun,
and invited Ben and Charles to go too.
The guys rode around for a while all crazy like,
and then I went out to join!
Photobucket


Photobucket

I la la love going riding with Kevin!




Post a Comment