Enter your keyword

The Cruise: Tuesday

December 6, 2011

And our first port: Rhoatan, Honduras!

We ordered room service for breakfast,
and were all up and ready to go by 9am.

Photobucket

The water is just SO BLUE and pretty out there!
{but yes: dark, and terrifying at night}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wow.
I always squint my eyes when I smile...and then they dissapear!

Photobucket

Our lens was fogging up real bad at first cuz it was so humid!

Photobucket

We learned that this little island thrives off of its tourism.

Photobucket

It was cool to have this little welcoming party waiting for us!

Photobucket

These guys were playing like mad,
and were still playing at the end of the day when we returned to the ship!

Photobucket

Our main activity for today was the ZIP LINE!
We found our tour guide and they drove us up the mountainside to where we started.

Photobucket

Ready to rock n' roll!

Photobucket

This is Scott and his wife Penny,
who was also in our group.

Photobucket

And Josh started us off!
It was one crazy thick jungle!!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Hands down Caleb pulled some of the funniest faces...wish we'd have gotten more!
Bahahaha!

Photobucket

When we had "semi" gotten the hang of it,
our guides asked us if we wanted to start doing tricks.
Case's was by far the coolest!

Photobucket

Ahhhh!
No hands!!!

Photobucket

There were definitely some gorgeous veiws of the island and surrounding water.

Photobucket

Our guides names were Kevin and Lonnie {the two above in white shirts}.
They made this SO FUN for us!
One of them would go ahead to catch the rest of us,
while the other stayed and would help each of us get hooked up and going.
Then that person would follow behind after everyone.
It was so cool to see some of the crazy stuff that they'd do while hanging 1,000 feet from the ground!

Photobucket

Just waiting for a turn...

Photobucket

{Lonnie, Kevin, Me, Kevin}
I also got pictures with a little monkey!
{they go here when i get them!!}
Kevin thought it'd be cool to buy one and have it shipped home.
Didn't happen.

After we made it through the jungle,
we were driven to a little beach.
Here we enjoyed some waves and some yummy chips n' salsa!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Almost every house was built up on stilts.
Kinda crazy.

Photobucket

Caleb and Case.

Photobucket

Ang, Josh, and Kevin.

Photobucket

{Cheesey? Yes. I know.}
I LOVED how pretty the water was!

Photobucket

"All aboard" was at 4:30,
meaning: if you're not on the ship, then you're gonna get left!

Photobucket

We saw this little dude on the way back.

..................

That night we ate dinner at Versi {the best and YUMMIEST restaurant on the ship}.

Photobucket

We were all starving by the time we got back,
we ordered multiple desserts!

Photobucket

Ahhhhhhhh.
It was great.

That night we checked out the karaoke and then went to a magic show.
Probably one of the funnest shows on board for us!
I can't believe all the stuff he made his assistant do - it was better than those movies:
The Illusionist and The Prestige.
She was crawling in and out of boxes with knives,
and changing dresses the whole time in under 20 seconds!
We then made it to the Hypnotist show at 11:30.
That was intense.
Don't know how I feel about it...haha.
It was WEIRD!
Sometimes I think it's all just a bunch of bunk...but then I hear first-hand stories from Kevin's sister and her husband,
and I wonder.

More dancing followed!

2 comments

  1. why are you always saying you have big legs? you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving hearing about your fun vacation!!

    ReplyDelete