Enter your keyword

Everything is.....Hunky Dory Dory

April 12, 2012

While I was at work yesterday,
I received this sweet picture text from the hubby:

Photobucket

"I'm sooooooo bored."

First,
I laughed.
And then I was jealous I wasn't with them.
You guys,
Kevin NEVER goes on walks!!!!!!!!!!
I ask him almost on a daily basis and always get a "Naahh..." {unless it is SUPER nice outside} "...How about a drive instead?"
He was really bored.

Remember how I haven't posted about painting my nails in a long time?
{oh, you don't? that's okay. now you know.}

Photobucket

I did today.
And it was fun.
I know I tweaked the pic colors a bit but that is a light pink with silver glitter.
I love doing my ring fingers different.
It's fun.
When I went into Maurices last month the girl at the checkout was all:
"Look {soandso-another coworker}, she did that thing! That thing where she paints one nail a different color!"
I told them I got the idea off Pinterest.
"Does it mean anything? Like, can only married girls do that or something?"
What the? Haha-NO!
Pretty sure you can paint your nails however you like.
And I just like it.
Because.
Even if my husband thinks it's weird.

Also,
today {because it was my day off} Tank and I watched Les Miserables.

Photobucket

I probs haven't watched this since it came out {1998},
and I was only ten then.
It was even better than I remember,
and I actually understood alllllll of it.
Liam Neeson is the greatest.
I didn't realize that the Cosette in this one is the same actress{Claire Danes} as in StarDust!
Did you hear they are are making a new one?
Oooooooo.
Yes.
And Hugh Jackman is Jean Valjean!!
I'm excited to see that.
Also in it is:
Russell Crowe {Kevin's favorite actor-playing Inspector Javert}
Amanda Seyfried {Cosette}
Anne Hathaway {Fantine/Cosette's mom}
Eddy Redmayne {Marius/Cosette's lover}


I tried to snap a few pics.
Tank loooooves looking outside and watching all the peeps walking/driving by.
I also decided I didn't want to get ready today.
That was nice.

To add some other random news to this post:
On Sunday we had a youth speaker and then two adult speakers.
But it was that youth speaker's 2 and 1/2 minute talk that grabbed me the most.
The first words out of his mouth were:

"Why does God let bad things happen to good people?"

In light of everything that has been going on in Kevin's and my life right now,
and the lives of some very good friends,
I was immediately all ears.
I tried to scribble everything down on my notebook.
These are some of the main points I got to the above question:
  • To make us stronger
  • He will compensate for the bad
  • All wrongdoings will be made right
  • The Atonement helps us through it
Lately I just want to scream out "Why! Why are people so mean?!" or "Why do people not think?!" or "Why is this happening?!",
but I know that would get me nowhere.
It's those moments that Kevin and I turn to prayer, the scriptures, and our faith.
We know everything is going to be okay.
We are learning that sometimes blessings come in disguise,
and we need to recognize what to do with them.
Does this all sound a bit vague?
Yeah, I thought so.
All I can say right now is that Kevin and I are getting ready for some changes,
and we are getting excited about them!

Post a Comment