So you all know we bought a new car.
Kevin's new "baby" as he likes to call it.
Well,
that means we had 3 cars total....and 3 car payments was not gonna fly.
So Kevin immediately listed both our BMW and truck for sale on Craigslist,
and while he was at it,
he listed our 4wheeler as well.
OUR 4WHEELER!
I was devastated.
But life must go on.
Our 4 wheeler was the first to go - within 4 days.
Kevin got multiple calls and texts about both beamer and truck,
and we had lots of peeps come to test drive each,
but none serious enough,
and we could never agree on a price.
A week or two went by and I was kinda getting nervous we were going to just HAVE 3 vehicles forever.
Then Kevin got a text from a guy in Montana.
He was VERY interested and even told Kev that him and his wife would pull up pics of our truck almost every hour.
They wanted it bad.
YAY!
The sucky part{like i said before} is that they lived clear the freak over in Montana.
Saturday we decided to meet them halfway in Butte.
He drove the truck and I drove behind in the BMW.
Thank goodness it only took us 2 and 1/2 hours to get there....I thought it'd be more like 3 and 1/2.
We had fun picture texting back and forth.....
When we got to Butte,
the guy looked over the truck,
test drove it for a sec,
and signed the bill of sale.
Sold.
All done within 30min.
{sad day!!!! we loved that truck!!!}
Then we hopped back on the road and headed home....or so we thought.
A little while later Kevin commented on how he thought it was weird that they had a sign with Coeur d'alene on it.
I didn't notice and we kept driving.
For the next while we were talking and texting like crazy,
just updating our families on how we sold the truck,
what our plan was....yadayada.
And then Kevin said:
"Uh, shiz. Babe, I think we're going the wrong way. This is not looking familiar."
"Really? Because that cabin kinda looks familiar.........um, no. Nevermind. No it doesn't."
A minute later we pass another sign that reads:
Coeur d'alene...............150mi
Yeah.
WE WERE 2 AND 1/2 HOURS FROM COEUR D'ALENE!!!!!
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
We had driven 100 miles in THE OPPOSITE direction of Rexburg.
{who does that?!}
So awesome.
Basically at this point we were just too stunned to really believe it.
Kevin pulled out his phone and checked the GPS.
Yup....sure enough.
What the freak?!?
Why we didn't check our GPS before I'll never know.
Kevin flipped around and we cruised at 100mph the whole way home.
We could NOT understand how we had driven the wrong way!
We reviewed it over and over:
There was one freeway road going in and out of Butte,
and we pulled off right at a gas station to meet that guy,
and then got right back on the way we had COME.
Where did we go wrong?!?
When we finally got back to where we started,
turns out there was a junction RIGHT when we got back on.....and we missed it.
Cool.
So this little trip that was supposed to only take 5 hours,
ended up taking 8.
We were a little pissed about having to sit in a car for that long on a beautiful Saturday,
but really we just had to laugh at our stupidity.
......................
That was Saturday.
Sunday right when we got out of church,
Kevin tells me:
"We have to hurry home cuz some guy is coming to check out the beamer."
Okay.
I really didn't think anything of it.
And then 20 min later it's sold too!
So I had no car.
yipee....not.
And that night Kevin was {yet again} up until 3am,
reviewing and checking all the local listings for a car for me.
Monday we both didn't work so we went - can you guess? - car shopping!
I have to say that I was a little more "invested" and excited because it was for me.
Usually I die after an hour of looking at cars,
but not yesterday.
We went from 11am-6:30pm and searched from here to I.F. and the whole time Kevin was constantly checking Craigslist for updates.
We knew our price range and had cash,
which wasn't a ton.
It was a change from looking at all nice cars....to looking at.....not so nice cars.
{haha-i have been spoiled}
As we went around town I had my eye on a couple Jeep Liberties,
and Kevin was looking for some Hondas.
But nothing seemed right.
It was especially hard for Kevin because he HATES buying anything that has over 100,000 miles.
And that's all we were looking at.
{basically you can't find something in our price range with under 200,000 miles....}
We finally called it a day and headed home.
That's when Kevin got a text back from a guy saying we could come check out his ride.
The best part?
He was in the neighborhood next to ours.
So we went for a looksie....
And loved it!
1. the previous owned had kept it nice and clean inside
2. it had lower miles than what we had been seeing all day
3. it was NOT a foreign car {we really, really wanted to avoid those...}
4. I liked the color
5. It was within our price range!
We paid with cash and took that baby home.
That was Saturday.
Sunday right when we got out of church,
Kevin tells me:
"We have to hurry home cuz some guy is coming to check out the beamer."
Okay.
I really didn't think anything of it.
And then 20 min later it's sold too!
So I had no car.
yipee....not.
And that night Kevin was {yet again} up until 3am,
reviewing and checking all the local listings for a car for me.
Monday we both didn't work so we went - can you guess? - car shopping!
I have to say that I was a little more "invested" and excited because it was for me.
Usually I die after an hour of looking at cars,
but not yesterday.
We went from 11am-6:30pm and searched from here to I.F. and the whole time Kevin was constantly checking Craigslist for updates.
We knew our price range and had cash,
which wasn't a ton.
It was a change from looking at all nice cars....to looking at.....not so nice cars.
{haha-i have been spoiled}
As we went around town I had my eye on a couple Jeep Liberties,
and Kevin was looking for some Hondas.
But nothing seemed right.
It was especially hard for Kevin because he HATES buying anything that has over 100,000 miles.
And that's all we were looking at.
{basically you can't find something in our price range with under 200,000 miles....}
We finally called it a day and headed home.
That's when Kevin got a text back from a guy saying we could come check out his ride.
The best part?
He was in the neighborhood next to ours.
So we went for a looksie....
And loved it!
1. the previous owned had kept it nice and clean inside
2. it had lower miles than what we had been seeing all day
3. it was NOT a foreign car {we really, really wanted to avoid those...}
4. I liked the color
5. It was within our price range!
We paid with cash and took that baby home.
Nissan XTerra, 2001
That's a crazy story! I'm glad you got your cars sold and that xterra is nice! I'm sure you'll love it, especially when baby boy arrives. Did you get to see Charles's new car last night? He's in love, definitely have to post about it soon.
ReplyDeleteWahoo! Congrats on getting your car finally. That is so fun, plus it totally looks nice. So many crazy changes, we're happy for you guys.
ReplyDelete