Enter your keyword

Another Birth Day and 24 Goals

July 26, 2012

I remember turning 7 and doing cartwheels on the lawn outside our Idaho Falls house.
I remember stopping after doing a round off that I was particularly proud of,
and thinking:
"I'm so young. I have all the time in the world to grow up."
and immediately having a little voice inside my head say back:
"It's going to go by faster than you think."

You can say that again.
Here I am.
A brand new 24-year-old.....mom.
Holy smokes.

IMG_1079

I emailed my brother Jaron{serving a mish in Argentina} about Bronx's arrival and this is the response I got back:

HAHAHA IM AN UNCLE!!!! hopefully the childbirth wasnt too bad...haha good thing Im a guy. Hey keep me updated with pics and stuff. I love you lots. Congragulations!!!!! Good Luck with Bronx.
Oh wait a sec. I just remembered, your birthday is on the 26 this thursday. Audrey, you are such an amazing sister. I wish I could send you a huge birthday present but i cant, sorry. I want you to know that you are such a great example to me. I had such a blast growing up with you. I remember all the times playing "the boxcar children" or whatever that book was called, I remember playing house with you (how ironic that you actually have a kid now. hahaha thats awesome), and doing all sorts of fun things like, dirt biking, cardgames, jumping on the tramp, cooking, camping, running, working out, or just plain chillin and doin whatever. You have allways been a great example to me. You married an awesome man. You married in the Temple. You have  freakin sweet dog, and now you have a Bronx. He´s going to a stud. With you as a mom, I know that he can´t go wrong. Thank you for allways staying strong in the church. You are such an amazing person and I allways look up to your example and attituted. You are allways kind to others, you allways have a smile. It doesnt matter if your having the crappiest or worst day ever, you are allways kind to others, you allways have that smile, and you allways do what is right. You are great. I can´t wait to see you, kevin, and bronx and tank when I get home. I love you so much. Thank you for everything that you do and continue to do. Bronx is going to be a stud, I know it. That´s freakin awesome Audrey.

Love,
Uncle J-dog (Elder Simmons works too)


That email was better than any present.
It kind of even made me feel guilty for all those years of calling him "Jarom!" on purpose....because he hated it.
{hehe}

IMG_1075
{here's my little one-week-old!}
I'm striving to be an even better wifey and mom every day,
but I know in order to really "see" some progress personally,
I should make some goals.
I came across a friend's blog{Michelle Starrs} and she had done a "24 before 25" list,
basically listing 24 goals she wanted to get done before she turned a quarter of a century.
Great idea!
It hasn't been as easy as I thought - coming up with these goals,
but I feel like they are good for me.
Here's to getting them all passed off by next year!


 
My 24 before 25
........................................
1. read the Book of Mormon, cover to cover
2. learn to play "All of Me" on the piano
3. run a 5k
4. run a half marathon {i'm skeeeered about this one!}
5. lose 20 lbs {aka get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and BMI}
6. go to the temple monthly with Kevin
7. get professional family pictures taken {i REALLY want these done at the R&R Ranch}
8. make Kevin's all-time-favorite-meal: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
9. print our blog into books: 2010-2011 and 2011-2012
10. get my sewing machine aligned
11. with said sewing machine, make a rag quilt for B's room
12. read at LEAST 12 new books
13. read the D&C cover to cover
14. learn to play Mannheim Steamroller's "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"{rocknroll version}
15. surprise Kevin. like, really REALLY good {this might sound silly, but he figures out everything!}
16. buy transfer paper and decorate some onsies/T's for Bronx
17. make my dad's cinnamon rolls
18. spend a night at the Anniversary Inn {i don't care if it's not our anniversary-i have always wanted to go there and sleep in a themed suite!}
19. go camping {i've been so sad we haven't gone this year}
20. make some new friends in this new place
21. sew a pair of suspenders for Bronx {yea, i'm going to do a lot of sewing. and a majority of the projects will be for the little guy}
22. get a new, good camera
23. get up and make Kevin a yummy lunch everyday
24. send Jaron a surprise package

6 comments

  1. Oooo Congrats Audrey! He is beautiful! And happy birthday! Hope you're enjoying motherhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey happy birthday!!! First off, Bronx is so stinkin cute. I check Facebook and your blog every day to see if you've put more pics on of him. I love him and wish I could see him! I hope you have a good bday. P.S. I liked seeing your goals. I need to make some now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Love seeing those goals.... maybe I can do a 26 before 27 even though I only have ...man that makes me feel OLD!! And you will have NO problem running a half marathon. If I can do it you TOTALLY can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats Awesome Audrey. Happy Birthday too. I didn't know it was your birthday. Hope you had a great one. Love the goals I don't think I could do that I have 3 months till I turn 25. So unless I make a short list I don't think I will make that one. Good luck though they are awesome goals. I wish I had a sewing machine. I wanted to make a car seat cover oh well. Glad everyone is doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! And Bronx is so so cute. Birth is pretty crazy! I loved reading your story and it makes me wish I had recorded mine. You look great too!! Ps...I'm always positive for group b strep...I think the antibiotics hurt so dang bad! I swear for when they are pumping them into my arm I forget I'm having contractions cause it hurts so bad! Anyway...have so much fun with your cute baby and again, happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! this is perfect! and here is a really good link for baby boy suspenders....

    http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/05/little-boy-suspenders.html

    or this one!

    http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/09/interchangeable-suspenders-ruffled-plain-and-bows.html

    good luck mama!

    ReplyDelete