Enter your keyword

Bronx's Birth Story: Part 2

July 23, 2012

It was pretty late by the time we got settled into our new room,
and I was so THIRSTY!{remember i hadn't eaten or had anything to drink since Wednesday night}
I'm so glad they give out those huge jugs because the "ice chips"{just crushed ice...lame, i thought it was something cooler} was NOT cutting it for me during labor.
I guzzled that jug right down.
The nurse also brought Kevin and I huge bowls of fresh fruit since that's all that sounded good to me.
Then we got some visitors:

Photobucket


The only thing that annoyed me for a bit this night was that I couldn't pee.
Sounds silly right?
I tried and tried and finally had Kevin go get my nurse.
She came and drained it {tmi?} and I instantly felt better.
I had a whole 1200 milliliters hangin' out in there-no wonder it was killing me!
She said its normal for that to happen after having so much stress going on,
plus the fact that I hadn't been able to go regularly all day.

Photobucket

It felt pretty weird and exciting sleeping at the hospital with a new babe.
MY BABE. OUR BABE.
I fed him and then the nurse offered to take him so we could both sleep.
We jumped on that offer,
and she just brought him in one time during the night to feed.
He was eating like a champ.

Photobucket

I already love waking up to this sweet boy.

Photobucket

Make that both of these sweet boys.


Oh. My. Gosh.


Just look at them snuggle!
Ahhhhhhhh I love it.
Kevin has this dad thing down pat already; they are so freaking adorable together I can't stand it!
Kevin also took advantage of the snack bar out in the hall.
That was nice and handy,
right outside our door.

Photobucket

While we're talking about food,
the hospital food was awesome.
Didn't see that one coming.
Mostly on Friday we just chilled,
Kevin left for a little bit to go take care of Tank and grab me some stuff.
We could have checked out that evening {since they only require a 24 hour hospital stay if everything looks good},
but I wanted to stay one more night.
It was just so nice and quiet there,
and even though Kevin wanted to leave {he said he thinks "hospitals are full of diseases and sharp corners, and I hate sleeping on that pull-out-chair."},
he agreed to stay one more night for me.

Photobucket

Here's our first picture together as a family of three!

*click here to read part 1: Bronx's Birth Story: Part 1

1 comment

  1. Congratulations! He is so so so cute and I love reading the birth stories!!! What a cute family!!

    ReplyDelete