AWKWARD
...............................
- Nursing. Well, I definitely wouldn't describe it as easy. Painful would be an accurate description too.
- Eating cereal with my left hand. Or slicing cheese. That takes skill.
- This Simpson shirt I'm wearing. I don't even like the show, and neither of us watch it. But somehow Kevin had the T in his drawer that I raided this morning...thinking it was just plain grey. Obviously I am too lazy to go change.
- Trying to maneuver a jogging stroller, babe in car seat, and dog out the door. I've now opted to do it all in shifts. Turns out it's loads easier.
- Trying to maneuver a jogging stroller, babe in car seat, and dog out the door. I've now opted to do it all in shifts. Turns out it's loads easier.
AWESOME
.............................
- I have a little SON.
- I am his MOMMY.
- He is healthy.
- Kevin has a great job and he loves what he does.
- Because of said job, I get to stay home with our little stud and love on him 24/7.
- Cheese sticks. Oh man those delicious things are our main craving right now. And yes, "our" = Kevin too! He's the one that will go for a sonic run for us at 10pm. And it's even awesome-ER that they are only .99 cents on Saturdays!
- The warm weather and sunshine. Even though fall is my favorite season, it's gonna be missed.
- Getting a text message from my hubby randomly during the day that says this:

i love him.
I introduced the bouncer toys {it's detachable} today,
and B wasn't as entertained with it as I'd hoped.
Just sending picture texts back and forth with the hubs.
As you can see I've resorted back to the big T and basketball shorts.
They make for super comfy mommy clothes.
Maybes next month I will step it up a notch and start wearing more of my own clothes instead of Kevin's....haha.
I'm sure he'd also appreciate that.

This was from our walk yesterday evening.
Don't let his chill demeanor here fool you.
I happened to snap this picture during the brief 5 minutes he was not screeching at me.
I believe we are going to the store tonight to get some of those gas relieving drops to try...not sure why he is so fussy.
I hate not being able to soothe and comfort him!
Welp,
that's all I got today.
I can always think of funny things to add during the week,
but forget them when I sit down to type.
I've got to be better at writing them down when they come to me!
- Getting a text message from my hubby randomly during the day that says this:
i love him.
I introduced the bouncer toys {it's detachable} today,
and B wasn't as entertained with it as I'd hoped.
Just sending picture texts back and forth with the hubs.
As you can see I've resorted back to the big T and basketball shorts.
They make for super comfy mommy clothes.
Maybes next month I will step it up a notch and start wearing more of my own clothes instead of Kevin's....haha.
I'm sure he'd also appreciate that.
This was from our walk yesterday evening.
Don't let his chill demeanor here fool you.
I happened to snap this picture during the brief 5 minutes he was not screeching at me.
I believe we are going to the store tonight to get some of those gas relieving drops to try...not sure why he is so fussy.
I hate not being able to soothe and comfort him!
Welp,
that's all I got today.
I can always think of funny things to add during the week,
but forget them when I sit down to type.
I've got to be better at writing them down when they come to me!
Gas medicine has done wonders for us! Does he spit up a lot? Maybe he has reflux. There is even silent reflux where they don't spit up.
ReplyDeleteAfter the first 6 weeks it TOTALLY gets better. I think it takes them a little time to adjust to life on the outside. Viveian HATES her carseat and HATES it even more when she's in the stroller so I had to prop her up like a big kid with out her carseat in the jogging stroller and she was in heaven. It just takes time to find out what works for them. Nursing can be painful, but whats more painful is a blocked milk duct, so hang in there and keep going you seem to being doing great!!! Comfy clothes are SOOOO your friend these days.. I say invest in some leggings cause they are comfy stylish and practical.
ReplyDeleteHave you heard of Gripe Water? I've heard of people who swear by it for gas/fussiness. Who knows though, I remember going through the gas drops like crazy with Nia! What a little doll he is! (boys can be dolls, right? I need to get me some boy nick-names practiced up :))
ReplyDeleteLOVE LOVE LOVE!! Your babe is so adorable!
ReplyDeleteBy "babe," I mean Bronx.... not Kevin. Haha! Love all you guys!
ReplyDeleteYes, nursing is painful. I would cringe every time I had to feed my babies for the first few weeks just because I knew it was going to be painful. But it get's better. I'm so glad that you can stay home with him, it's the best. Although it's nice to get out. Oh, and gas drops are AMAZING. I hope that they help him because they did wonders for Charlie. I'm glad to hear that things are going well!
ReplyDeleteI think nursing is waaay more painful than labor and delivery... Because you have to repeat it every 2 1/2 to 3 hours!! I just bought the gas drops today for my little man, we'll see if it helps. Hang in there! One thing I have enjoyed with this third baby is PERSPECTIVE. I know that these sleepless nights won't last forever and that someday I will have my body back and that this little baby won't stay little for very long... So I just enjoy it all a little more.
ReplyDeleteThanks you guys! All your tips are great! I really appreciate them and your sweet comments! :)
ReplyDelete