Enter your keyword

This Will Most Likely Gross You Out

August 10, 2012

I've written about Kevin's ears twice before under "Fun Fact Friday",
so if you haven't read either of them or don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about,
click {HERE} or {HERE},
because it might help when I show you the following picture.

Photobucket

DISGUSTING.
I know.
So we're sitting on the couch last night watching "Friends",
and I notice Kevin has pulled out his little "ear cleaner tool".
A minute later I look over to see him pull that monster outta his ear!!
What's even sicker is that this one isn't one of the biggest he's gotten out before.
Wow....I really, REALLY hope Bronx has my ear genes and not Kevin's!

Bronx001

And here is the babe and I.
Pretty much I stay in a big T and basketball shorts all day.
They've already seen their fair share of spit up and boogies and pee.
It's lovely.
If B does happen to fall asleep after a feeding and I'm not napping too,
it's always a race to see if I can shower or go to the bathroom or do my hair before he wakes up.

I'm slowly learning how this little man works.
I can distinguish between the purely sad cry,
the hurt feelings cry,
the angry cry,
and the hungry cry.

I had a meltdown of my own the other day{not uncommon lately} and called my mom bawling asking if I was doing things right.
Bronx just seems to screech in between feedings even though I've checked and done everything imaginable.
Anyways,
It was a good chat and she kindly reminded me that it is in fact normal for newborns to cry,
and that this is my first and foremost responsibility right now.
This adorable little munchkin.
She also gave me some pointers to help him get more attached to the binky and not just me all the time,
and reminded me that it's okay if I put him down to go grab a quick something to eat {at the time i was starving and hadn't eaten anything because i had been holding B all morning}.

So today I've been working on 2 things:
1. try to keep B awake more during the day so he will sleep more/longer/better at night
2. try to get him to love his binky so that he won't constantly turn to me for "comfort food" and get away with "snacking"

We've made some progress:

Photobucket

Please don't think I'm horrible for doing this to him,
but he kept spitting it out and then screeching.
I was kind of tired of constantly putting it back in,
or just holding it in place for him.
So I hurried and grabbed one of my workout headbands and some dental floss {the first things i could think of to make this work} and attached them to the bink.
Tada!
He's pacified.
{don't worry, i know it looks like it is tight on his right cheek, but i fixed that}

5 comments

  1. Long time blog stalker-first time commenter :o).

    I'm probably pretty gross, but I think that earwax thing is kiiiind of cool. I mean, gross yeah, but cool.

    The pacifier holder? Genius. Your little guy is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Audrey, I know how that goes!! It's exhausting... Do you have a moby wrap? Because seriously its amazing!! And it really is helpful to just strap them to you in the cuddled Position to your chest. I highly highly recommend getting one if you dont have one it will make your life a trillion times easier. Hang in there girl! It will totally get easier in weeks. This is just an adjustment period for the both of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahahaa...that binky holder is hilarious! This is why moms are the most creative people ever, we get desperate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the binky holder! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is fantastic haha! and yeah kevin's ear glob is icky. you're doing a great job, just hang in there and definitely look into a moby wrap. i loved mine and Adam did too!

    ReplyDelete