Enter your keyword

Joseph, Nephi, and My Hubby

August 26, 2012

It's Sunday morning and I'm snuggled up here on the couch with Bronx.
Kevin and Tank are fast asleep on the floor-covered in blankets-at my feet,
and I'm watching Joseph: King of Dreams.

Photobucket

I'm a fan of Dreamworks-I think they did an awesome job with this movie,
and when I first saw that it was coming out,
I got real excited.
For years I had been singing and listening to the soundtrack of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Photobucket

My Grandma Simmons had the play on VHS and I loved watching it.
Loved it.
All the bright colors,
fun songs,
and great dancers/actors/singers could hold my attention for hours.


Joseph is in prison now.
How long was he actually in there?
How did he feel right after he was thrown in prison?
How did he feel towards Potiphar-who he had never wronged?
What did he talk to God about?
I'm sure he thought about his Canaan home,
his father and mother,
and the brothers that betrayed him and sold him in the first place.
How did he forgive them after such a horrendous experience?

It makes me think of one {of the many} experience that Nephi went through with his brothers.
The scripture is found in 1 Nephi chapter 7.
Nephi, his brothers, and Ishmael and his daughters are all traveling to meet up with Lehi,
when his brothers{v.16} get mad, tie him up, and want to leave him for dead in the wilderness.
After Nephi breaks his bonds and his brothers beg for forgiveness,
this is what he does:
"And it came to pass that I did frankly forgive them all that thy had done"{v.21}
Frankly.
Not hesitantly,
grudgingly,
or half-heartedly.
How did he do that?!

When Peter, one of Christ's disciples, asked the question:
"Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?"{Matt.ch.18 v.21}
Jesus answered:
"I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven."

The person in my life who is the shining example of that,
is my husband.
Everyday I see him forgive-and continue to forgive-all of my stupidity and thoughtlessness,
my carelessness and my selfishness.
I thank God for him every day.
He's the most patient and loving man I know.
He truly is my better half,
and is constantly making me want to be better.
He loves me and forgives me,
even when I can't love and forgive myself.


I'll just end my ramblings with one more scripture,
of a trait that I believe Joseph, Nephi, and my hubby hold in common.
And what I believe helps make forgiveness possible.
A trait that I am working on.

"Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth[...]"
1 Cor. 13:4-8

........

Photobucket

Thanks for not giving up on me babe.
I ♥ YOU.

2 comments