Enter your keyword

Christmas Candy List

December 15, 2010

One of my absolute favorite things about this holiday season is....
the FOOD!
Everything always smells so yummy, warm, cinnamon-y, rich, and perfectly scrumptious.
I love making holiday treats, and I especially love getting them!
Unfortunately,
Kevin informed me yesterday that we are not making any more treats.
Yea.
Wait, what the?!
He says the peppermint bark I made was all we are doing due to a little thing called a
"holiday budget" (who even follows those anyways?).
Well, not if I can help it bucko.
A phone call to the madre quickly put me at ease.

phone rings. again. again...
"Hello?"
"Hi mom! Can you talk for a sec?"
"Yea, what's up?"
"Well, I've decided what I want to do right when we get there."
"Oh yea?"
"Yes. I want to make treats. Lots and lots of Christmas treats!"
"Okay, well just let me know what you want so we can make sure to have the ingredients."

Parents rock.
Have I mentioned yet that I CANNOT WAIT to go home for Christmas?
I get more giddy every day thinking about it.
And I have even started dreaming about it!
But also, since that phone call I have been keeping a list of all the Christmas goodies I would like to make.
And now I would like to share it.
(Mom, I hope this helps too)

These all came from a blog I love reading called The Sister's Cafe.
(They are found on my left sidebar under "I Heart These")
Basically, they are a bunch of sisters that cook up the most delish recipes ever.

1. Gingerbread Houses

Gingerbread Houses

I can only remember one time when I was really little that I helped my Grandma Huber decorate a real gingerbread house.
Which is way sad, because "gingerbread" goes hand-in-hand with "Christmas" in my oppinion.
So I would love to make and decorate a real gingerbread house with my family
(none of that graham-cracker stuff going on).
I know that this picture is of a sleigh, but I'm pretty sure it would be just as good in a house form.
(Mom, all you have to do is click on the pictures to get each recipe)

2. Oreo Truffles

Oreo Truffles

Dad, you prolly won't be fond of these little babies because of the cream cheese that is mixed in.
(Did you know? He hates cheese in any form.)
But I had these at one of Kevin's work parties this summer,
and MY OH MY they are heaven in my mouth!
Seriously.
I want one right. NOW.

3. Eggnog Bundt Cake

Eggnogg Bundt Cake

Just look at that carmel sauce.
Mmmmmmmm.
And Eggnog?
Yes, please.
I am your biggest fan.

4. Wassail


I have this as a candle smell in my house right now.
And every time I walk inside from being out in the cold and smell it,
I just want to drink it's hot awesomeness.
(I don't have a recipe for this one though mom, but I think you do.)

5. Chocolate-Covered Pretzels


No one ever went wrong with these lovlies.
We could do white chocolate.
Chocolate.
White chocolate with chocolate. White chocolate with carmel. Chocolate with carmel.
White chocolate with red sprinkles. White chocolate with toffee. Chocolate with toffee.
We are partial to the white chocolate, if you couldn't tell.

So there you have it.
My top 5 Christmas treats.

Whelp, now that my mouth is watering and my stomach growling for attention,
I'm going to go eat breakfast.

Only 10 more days til Christmas!

3 comments

  1. Aww that looks so good. Hey audrey i need all those websites again. Since my computer crashed. I want to do a different background. I can't remember what the website is. Thanks audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok the oreo truffles are delish. Gina makes those and a peanut butter chocolate version. You crush up a pkg of nutter butters and add 1 C peanut butter slightly warmed and soft in microwave. Form into balls and dip in melted baking chocolate (from micheals) SOOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am starting to bake today! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete