Enter your keyword

On the Third Day of Christmas...

December 3, 2010

We got our TREE!
It's a little rough around the edges, but we are all for a real tree.
It's tradition.
Not saying that someday I wont have a nice huge fake tree too,
that I can decorate with fancy ornaments all I want.
But for now,
I just love our tree.

I ended up decorating it myself,
because it turns out that Kevin is sometimes a Grinch.
Mainly when he gets tree sap all over himself after sawing off the base and setting it up.


But I wont worry or fret.
I have hope that just like the Grinch,
my hubby's little heart will grow this season.
This Grinchy cute man of mine secretly loves the Christmas spirit.
I just know it.
The tree is tradition.
The lights are tradition.
The trimmings and trappings and stockings tradition.
And after I finished decorating our tree and turned out the lights...
Yea, I saw that huge grin that lit up his face.


"And what happened then? 
Well, in Whoville they say 
that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day. 
And then - the true meaning of Christmas came through, 
and the Grinch found the strength of ten Grinches, plus two."


We are now all ready for Christmas.

...and 22 days to go!


Post a Comment