We are sick.
I knew it was coming.
I figure we might as well get it over with now, and not when the best holiday hits.
Want to hear the WORST part?
We haven't even gotten our TREE!
Being sick is throwing off my Christmas plans big time.
..........
So Saturday night after I took my last photo of the wedding,
My throat started feeling yucky.
I asked Kevin to drop me off at home before he went back out to his parent's,
where everyone was going.
I got bored fast by myself, so I busted out all my Christmas DECOR!
Yup, even lights went up!
Good thing too, because as soon as I got finished, I knew I was dying.
And then, Sunday night hits and I hear Kevin moving around downstairs.
What is he doing out of bed at 3am?
BARFING.
sick.
This has been our home as of late.
We love our fort.
Especially laying in it holding our tummies and coughing our brains raw.
(please note the sarcasm.)
Here are all our trusty essentials on hand.
For everything from hacking, wheezing, mucus, and throw up.
Sunday and Monday we quarentined ourselves away from the world.
Kevin's been living on sprite and that's about it.
I eat chicken noodle soup for my throat.
Oh yea, and we've watched over 250+ minutes of my favorite Christmas Classics collection.
Now let me tell you something.
I didn't want to miss more work Tuesday, so I went.
I got told two things:
that I sound sexy (from an old man) and that I sound like a man (from Kevin).
As I'm standing at the front hating life, my throat, and my hair,
a guy comes through my line and after hearing my feeble attempt to talk says:
"Oh, the voice gone? Well, at least it's a good hair day!"
I couldn't tell if he was kidding or not.
Until he pulled off his hat and showed me his balding head.
"At least you don't got this going on!"
Thus, showing me that there are always things to be grateful for.
And things to be grateful for because they arn't worse.
...........
Kevin went to work Wednesday, but that's all he could handle.
And he NEVER misses work!
I don't ever see this dude sick, and I don't like it.
So last night I called up our friend Garen and his brother to give us blessings.
I also went and got antiboiotics at Quick Care.
(yes mom) FINALLY.
Hopefully we are now on the road to recovery for real.
Cuz I am so done with this sick thing.
P.S. 23 DAYS TO CHRISTMAS!



Aww man, sorry that you guys are sick!!! I think you cursed yourself Audrey cuz you were soooo not wanting it and were making it a point to not be around the sickies. That stinks. Had is sick right now too. But his hasn't been barfing though. Oh and cute posts on all the wedding stuff. I loved it!
ReplyDelete