Enter your keyword

Twas the Night Before Christmas

December 29, 2010

I love the anticipation that builds all throughout this day.
I never want it to end!
And I especially don't want to go to bed.
But it seems the older I get, the easier it is to fall asleep.
Friday was filled with me doing some last minute morning shopping.
I totally beat all the crowds.
When I got back everyone was getting the house ready for company and Christmas Eve dinner.
Good smells all around.


One thing that made me laugh was the purchase my parents made on this day.


A highchair!
My mom says it's for all the couples that come over with toddlers.
At least now I know I'll have somewhere to put my future baby when we come visit...

Family started showing up at 6.
McMullin's, Jones', Bradford's, Huber's.
2 grandparents + 10 adults + 18 kids.


This man just loooves when I take pictures of him.


The Mahler's stopped by before heading over to George's family dinner.
We missed everyone who couldn't come!


After filling our tummys we sat around and talked while the kids got ready for the nativity skit.


Every Christmas Eve (whether we're at Simmons' or Huber's) we have Grandpa read from Luke,
while all the grandkids/cousins act out the story of Christ's birth.
Hope you enjoyed the flashback pic up there....Bahaha!
I'm so glad I'm not 11 anymore.


It's so much fun to watch them preform!

.......................................................................

Later that evening after the extended family went home,
my family jumped in the car and delivered some holiday cheer.
Which made our hearts feel all warm and fuzzy.
Service definitely is the key to getting over you're own misery.
...............

Another tradition: Scriptures, Song, and Candle.

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is gathering around a candle every night in December to read from Luke.
Then whoever put up the ornament (on the advent calendar) that day,
gets to pick the Christmas song we sing.
Then that person says the prayer.
And it rotates each night so everyone gets a turn.
I love it.

........................................................

Since my parents moved into their new house,
it's become tradition that all us kiddos gather and sleep in the upstairs game/bonus room.
This year we put on A Christmas Story.
Too bad I was out within the first half hour.
(In my defense it was 1am when we started it!)
Taylia even told me:
"I didn't even sleep last night. I only slept for maybe 1 hour!"
Taybay,
you crack me up.

End Friday.
aka
Christmas Eve.

Post a Comment