Awkward...
- Stoping and reversing on a road because I missed Kevin's parent's street.
Good thing no one was behind me!
Haha,
But seriously.
- The way I have to stand 5 feet away and hide my gaging reflex when a customer with STRONG B.O.
{like i'm talking like sick, haven't-showered-in-a-month b.o.}
comes through my line.
Awesome is...
- It's June!
- That I met the Indiana State Horse Shoe Champion of 1954.
He came through my line at work and told me so.
He was thirteen years old when that happened.
- That a random little kid said "HI!" to me.
It made my day.
......................................................
Not much this week.
BUT,
I'd now like to talk a little bit about something else.
Everyone loves summertime.
Right?
You grill,
you camp,
you go outside without a coat,
and with flip flops and shorts.
A big summer favorite for most people is swimming.
Growing up,
I remember always going to the local Meridian Pool.
Then got sooo excited when Roaring Springs opened!
Here in the Burg,
we don't really have that option.
{to go swimming}
The Pinnacle building has a pool.
But that's for employees and their families only.
Soooo
when we heard big news about a local pool going up on the land behind Kmart,
Kevin and I were pretty excited.
And then we found out a teeny-tiny,
kind of important,
detail.


It's going to be an outside water park/pool.
You've got to be kidding me.
Who in the heck was the genius behind this planning!?
I'd really like to give 'em a piece of my mind.
Are they crazy?
Are they stupid?
Rexburg is only warm for like 2 months out of the whole year.
And that's if we're lucky people!
Today is June 2nd and it's as windy as H,
and half the day has been overcast.
Not ideal swim suit weather if you ask me.
Why can't they just enclose the whole thing in a great big clear dome/bubble?
Wouldn't that be ideal for this area?
I think yes.
BUT,
I'd now like to talk a little bit about something else.
Everyone loves summertime.
Right?
You grill,
you camp,
you go outside without a coat,
and with flip flops and shorts.
A big summer favorite for most people is swimming.
Growing up,
I remember always going to the local Meridian Pool.
Then got sooo excited when Roaring Springs opened!
Here in the Burg,
we don't really have that option.
{to go swimming}
The Pinnacle building has a pool.
But that's for employees and their families only.
Soooo
when we heard big news about a local pool going up on the land behind Kmart,
Kevin and I were pretty excited.
And then we found out a teeny-tiny,
kind of important,
detail.
It's going to be an outside water park/pool.
You've got to be kidding me.
Who in the heck was the genius behind this planning!?
I'd really like to give 'em a piece of my mind.
Are they crazy?
Are they stupid?
Rexburg is only warm for like 2 months out of the whole year.
And that's if we're lucky people!
Today is June 2nd and it's as windy as H,
and half the day has been overcast.
Not ideal swim suit weather if you ask me.
Why can't they just enclose the whole thing in a great big clear dome/bubble?
Wouldn't that be ideal for this area?
I think yes.
Post a Comment