Enter your keyword

Our "Saab" Story {get it?}

June 14, 2011

Alrighty,
do you remember when I mentioned that we sold our sweet,
sweet SubaruWRX and purchased a cheapo Saab?
We were SO proud of ourselves for buying
{what we thought was}
a cheap,
good running car.
Mmm...
NO.
When Kevin went to test drive it with his friend, Charles {super mechanic},
it seemed to check out okay.
Or so they thought....
2 days later I am driving it to work and notice exhaust coming out the back.
I drive it 2 more days and want nothing to do with it.
I was so embarrassed,
 I was taking all the "backroads" I could,
just to get to work and avoid being seen.
I was having people trying to wave me down,
to point out that there was a problem "Back there!"
Yes,
I am VERY aware of that problem.
When I sent the text:
Babe, the car is smoking like crazy. And I'm NOT revving the engine, OR peeling out!
I barely tap the pedal to go and a wall of smoke comes out!
Kevin said his heart sank.
And he was TICKED.
{like, wanted to go punch the guy in the face that sold us this car TICKED}
Want to hear something else that's crappy?
{there's lots of crappiness to this car lately}
It's a Saab,
so that means it's a European car,
which means the engine's all backwards,
which means it's harder to fix,
which means more $$$.
All I've heard Kevin say since we bought it is:
This is why I never buy cheap cars!

After many calls and questions,
Kevin was finally able to talk to a guy
{Josh Davis's friend}
who only works with these weird cars.
We were told that the turbo had died.
From there,
it was a matter of ordering and installing the part.
In the meantime,
Charles and Nancy let us borrow their car so we could get to and from our jobs.
They saved our sad little bums!

Finally,
a week later,
the turbo was installed thanks to much patience from Charles.
{the boys now know a Saab backwards and forwards...heheh...}
Yay!
But then Kevin's drive from Utah happened,
and we waited another 2 weeks for that part.
{stupid parts}
Anyways,
yesterday that peice was put in,
and today I drove it with no problems.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I don't even care that these pics are so bad.
HA!
{take that you stupid ugly car!}

Fingers crossed it will run like a charm from here on out!

Oh yea,
P.S.
Anyone want to buy a car from us?
{heheh...}

2 comments

  1. Dude, that's so crappy. Sorry you guys have had so much bad luck with it. Hopefully it will start doing good now, and you will love it!

    P.S. I don't think anyone would ever think that you starve Bud, he has been like that since I can't even remember. Ask him how many times I've cooked him eggs. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. OhMYword!!!! What kind of Saab is that exactly? Just wondering because we JUST sold ours yesterday! It was a 2003 SAAB93. I'd been driving it for about six years, but every time something went wrong it was crazy expensive to fix! And things went wrong more often than I liked. We just couldn't do it anymore. Man I'm so sorry about all the trouble it's caused you so far! Hopefully that's the end of it.

    ReplyDelete