KEVIN
..................
{as told by him}
"The Bug that Doesn't Die"
I served my mission in Jackson, Mississippi. I learned something while I was there, that I didn't know before: There were bugs that I didn't know existed.
Everywhere I went I saw a new bug I'd never before seen or heard of. One these sick little bugs was the cockroach. Every place I lived in Mississippi had cockroaches that were the size of my thumb. You could step on them and smash them, and five minutes later you'd see it crawling again. You could flush it down the toilet and tem minutes later it'd come crawling back up. They were EVERYWHERE.
One night at about 3 in the morning, while I was sleeping, I felt somethng on my head. I brushed it off and didn't think anything of it. When I realized I had "brushed something off" I woke up and raised my self from my pillow. I could distinguish something large and dark sitting in front of my face. I swiped at it, sending it across the room. Two seconds later my companion jumped from his bed trying to wipe semething off of him. I turned the lights on, and what had been on my head, was now on my companion.
It was a large black cockroach!
I was so digusted I couldn't stand it. We caught it and put it in a jar and ended up drowning it. For the rest of the time I was in that area I ended up sleeping on the couch while my companion put his mattress on a cot, and brought it into the living room.
I didn't sleep much that night, afraid of what I might wake up to again.
Everywhere I went I saw a new bug I'd never before seen or heard of. One these sick little bugs was the cockroach. Every place I lived in Mississippi had cockroaches that were the size of my thumb. You could step on them and smash them, and five minutes later you'd see it crawling again. You could flush it down the toilet and tem minutes later it'd come crawling back up. They were EVERYWHERE.
One night at about 3 in the morning, while I was sleeping, I felt somethng on my head. I brushed it off and didn't think anything of it. When I realized I had "brushed something off" I woke up and raised my self from my pillow. I could distinguish something large and dark sitting in front of my face. I swiped at it, sending it across the room. Two seconds later my companion jumped from his bed trying to wipe semething off of him. I turned the lights on, and what had been on my head, was now on my companion.
It was a large black cockroach!
I was so digusted I couldn't stand it. We caught it and put it in a jar and ended up drowning it. For the rest of the time I was in that area I ended up sleeping on the couch while my companion put his mattress on a cot, and brought it into the living room.
I didn't sleep much that night, afraid of what I might wake up to again.
AUDREY
....................
When I was in elementary school,
my two favorite shows to watch were:
1. Zoom
{C'mon and zoom, zoom, zoom....}
and 2. Arthur
I thought they were the BEST.
And I hated when my mom would only let me pick ONE to watch for the day!
Those were my favorite shows too!!! I LOVE Arthur!!! How fun! I loved remembering those. Thanks for the post.
ReplyDeleteI loved Arthur!! I liked Zoom for a little while but I liked Arthur a ton more! Oh, and I would HATE living in the south with all those nasty bugs!!
ReplyDeleteI loved Zoom! Ha. I totally forgot about that show. As for the South, we are living in Arkansas right now, and we are seeing bugs like crazy. The other day we saw a spider as big as my hand, and when we kicked it a thousand baby spiders jumped off its back! Ya, the bugs down here are sick!
ReplyDeleteask him if he knows camron despain or mike hail from that mission!
ReplyDelete