Enter your keyword

Awkward and Awesome

June 23, 2011

Awkward is...

- Seeing a grown old lady with piggy tails.
Not a good look on you lady, sorry.
- Saying:
"Welcome to...uh...I mean...__{store name}__ how may I help you?"
I have NEVER done this before.
And I felt like an idot.


Awesome is...

- Watching S.Y.T.Y.C.D!
- Owning a car that runs!
- The 70-80 degree weather this week.
It's about time!

.............

Story of the week:

When: last Thursday evening
Where: Lins invited us to eat dinner at the Fullers...so...Kevin's parent's house.

It's just us three: Lins, Kevin, and me.
{Kevin's parents were in Utah}
And we're sitting at the counter eating the yummy dinner Lins made for us,
when I say:
"Hey Lins, guess what I bought today....?!"
With the mention of money,
Kevin's head pops up from eating and he gives me a mischievous grin.
"Oh yea? Guess what I bought today."
Oh no he di-n't!


Let me clue you in on a few things.
First off,
yes.
I have a hard time saving money.
Whew.
{glad that's out in the open}
So that's why Kevin cut up my credit card.....
{haha, that's another story...}
So when I am able to earn money any other way,
I do.
It's what Kevin's sisters refer to as their "Secret Slush" funds.
So anyways,
I had been saving for a while and finally decided what I wanted to buy.
Dance Central for XBox Kinect!

Now rewind to last Wednesday when we were doing some grocery shopping at Walmart.
We're done with the shopping and are now aimlessly walking around,
looking at all the "cool" stuff they have sitting around the store.
Delaying the tedious process of checking out.
Without fail we always end up in electronics.
Kevin:
"This is the new Need For Speed babe!"
Me:
"Oh yea?" {insert laugh here} "I don't think so. Remember you told me I could get Dance Central next?"
Kevin:
"No. But I know I want this."
Me:
"Okay, time to go."


So two days later he buys his game,
and I buy mine.
Separately.
Both thinking we are oh so sneaky.

........

Do we still have a lot of growing up to do?
Yes
Is this a frequent occurrence?
No.
But we both thought it was a pretty funny story,
and wanted to remember it.

3 comments

  1. i used to waitress at two restaurants and would always answer the phone with "thank you for calling the old spaghetti factory...i mean...JT's BBQ" and vice versa. you're not alone :) and i am SO pumped you got Dance Central!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA You guys are funny. I love that you both were trying to be sneaky. Oh man those were the good ol days....when we could buy stuff. Dang, I hate being poor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! We are poor Cin, don't let our buying splurges fool you! :)

    ReplyDelete