...oh my!
We had a packed weekend,
just the way we like it.
Only fun things allowed.
It kinda started on Thursday night when we went to the midnight showing of Green Lantern.
It was in 3D,
and it was AWESOME!
I love me some Ryan Reynolds.
And talk about those washboard abs...oh baby!
..........
Saturday was my day off and it started out gorgeous!
Then 10 o'clock hit and the clouds started gathering.
I was so excited for Kevin to get off because we were going camping with our neighbors,
Aaron and Courtney Foye.
At four,
when Kevin got off,
I wasn't sure if we were really going,
but he said YES!
So we threw everything in the back of the truck and headed out.
{fastest pack job ever, p.s.}
As we headed up Kelly Canyon,
the rain began.
And the further up we drove,
it seemed the heavier it fell.
We pulled off to the side and Foye's suggested a place back down the mountain.

We turned around and started after them.
But soon we found ourselves driving through bigger and bigger mud puddles,
because of all the excess flood water that was covering the road.
There were signs all over that said:
"WATER ON ROADWAY"
We came upon a very LARGE body of mud/water over the road....




....and we watched as their car slid into this deep DEEP ravine!
Luckily we had tow ropes,
and seconds later we were on our way back up the mountain to the spot Kevin and I had been to the week before.


Lucky for us,
the rain stopped for a little bit.
Immediately the boys got to making a fire.


I tried to keep Tank as dry as possible,
but that was not an option.
Mia is the Foye's,
and she is one good dog.
Tank could learn a lesson or two from her!





And this is the the little Mr. Beckett.
He's one cutie-patootie!
{he sure enjoyed crawling around in all the dirt and mud!}



{Aaron building the rain cover}
After the fire was going,
we threw up this cool covering contraption that kept us from the rain.
{it had started raining again, but wasn't too bad - just really consistent}


Due to the fact that we had church the next day {and i had planned an awesome primary lesson},
Kevin and I stayed talking around the fire till almost midnight,
and then headed home.
{sad and lame, huh? plus it just kept raining...}
Anyways,
we had a fun weekend and hope to do it again {camp for real} very soon!
..........
Saturday was my day off and it started out gorgeous!
Then 10 o'clock hit and the clouds started gathering.
I was so excited for Kevin to get off because we were going camping with our neighbors,
Aaron and Courtney Foye.
At four,
when Kevin got off,
I wasn't sure if we were really going,
but he said YES!
So we threw everything in the back of the truck and headed out.
{fastest pack job ever, p.s.}
As we headed up Kelly Canyon,
the rain began.
And the further up we drove,
it seemed the heavier it fell.
We pulled off to the side and Foye's suggested a place back down the mountain.
We turned around and started after them.
But soon we found ourselves driving through bigger and bigger mud puddles,
because of all the excess flood water that was covering the road.
There were signs all over that said:
"WATER ON ROADWAY"
We came upon a very LARGE body of mud/water over the road....
....and we watched as their car slid into this deep DEEP ravine!
Luckily we had tow ropes,
and seconds later we were on our way back up the mountain to the spot Kevin and I had been to the week before.
Lucky for us,
the rain stopped for a little bit.
Immediately the boys got to making a fire.
I tried to keep Tank as dry as possible,
but that was not an option.
Mia is the Foye's,
and she is one good dog.
Tank could learn a lesson or two from her!
And this is the the little Mr. Beckett.
He's one cutie-patootie!
{he sure enjoyed crawling around in all the dirt and mud!}
{Aaron building the rain cover}
After the fire was going,
we threw up this cool covering contraption that kept us from the rain.
{it had started raining again, but wasn't too bad - just really consistent}
Due to the fact that we had church the next day {and i had planned an awesome primary lesson},
Kevin and I stayed talking around the fire till almost midnight,
and then headed home.
{sad and lame, huh? plus it just kept raining...}
Anyways,
we had a fun weekend and hope to do it again {camp for real} very soon!
That looks so fun and green and beautiful. I miss camping. We can camp here, it's just not the same, at all. Feeling a little jealous. . . .
ReplyDeleteHI! You are totally good at commenting on my blog and I officially suck at it! So here we go! You guys are such cute outdoorsy people! Ry and I on the other hand...are not! I wish we were campers...but we aren't. haha! And I would die in that jeeping adventure. But it looks fun! Love the puppies...SO CUTE! I want a teacup maltese but they are so dang expensive! Well lots of love!
ReplyDelete