KEVIN
...................
{from the man himself...}
"Mini Date"
At the age of seven years old, my sister, who was a senior in high school asked me on a date.
Of course I didn't know what a date was, but I said I'd go.
My best friend was also asked to go by my sister's friend. We were invited to a girl's choice formal dance at Madison High School. My friend's parents were/are the owners of Circle of Love, so we ended up getting free tuxes from them with cute Mickey Mouse cumber-buns and bow ties.
When we showed up to the dance with our dates, everyone was staring at us. We were just so cute I guess - in our little tuxes and polished shiny shoes.
The dance began and everyone circled around us. My friend and I took to the floor, making up all sorts of dance moves and doing the splits in our tux.
We ended up winning two awards:
1. Best dressed
2. Best dancer
Our awards were certificates to eat for free at Artic circle.
After the dance we took our dates and went and ate some dinner knowing that we had all the attention in the world on us that night. We loved every second of it.
AUDREY
......................
Did you know...
that I was in 2 plays in high school?
The first one was when I was a freshman,
and I was an extra {and played a drunk dude!} in Guys and Dolls...
and the second play was Fiddler on the Roof.
That was my senior year of highschool
I was Shprintze,
just one of the younger daughters.
This roll was awesome because of all the scenes I got to be in,
but didn't have to worry about any lines!
{i think i had a total of 5 throughout the whole thing}

One of the coolest things about this play was that Alair got to be in it too!
My choir teacher {who also directed the play},
needed a little girl to represent Tzeitel/Hodel {can't remember which}...
when she was younger, for a "memory" scene.
And I brought in Alair,
and he loved her!


that I was in 2 plays in high school?
The first one was when I was a freshman,
and I was an extra {and played a drunk dude!} in Guys and Dolls...
and the second play was Fiddler on the Roof.
That was my senior year of highschool
I was Shprintze,
just one of the younger daughters.
This roll was awesome because of all the scenes I got to be in,
but didn't have to worry about any lines!
{i think i had a total of 5 throughout the whole thing}
One of the coolest things about this play was that Alair got to be in it too!
My choir teacher {who also directed the play},
needed a little girl to represent Tzeitel/Hodel {can't remember which}...
when she was younger, for a "memory" scene.
And I brought in Alair,
and he loved her!
HA! Nate was in Fiddler on the Roof in high school too! he was the guy who reads the newspaper to everyone i think.
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! Plays are so fun! I was in few in Elementary and Jr. High.
ReplyDeleteI'm a little disappointed that there are no pictures of that formal date on this blog. You forgot to tell how we went bowling for our date...and you and J-both cried when the other was doing better.(Whose date cries on 'em? :-)
ReplyDeleteAt the dance-It was awesome, and a group of people were gathered around watching you guys do crazy dance moves. You were like break dancing, it was crazy. I thought you won gift certificates to Millhollow? Anyway, good memory!~
PS. We snuck into that dance. :-)