But first,
a story.
A lot of people come into Ace looking for project stuff.
I'd say a good 70% are over the age of 50 and retired,
just looking for something to build or fix to pass the time.
They come in almost daily;
they are the "regulars".
Well,
there's this old dude named Vance.
Vance is probably in his late70's.
He is one of the named "regulars".
Let me paint you a quick picture:
He's old and short,
probably only an inch taller than me-if that.
He always wears his overalls and work hat.
The other day {Friday} I'm working and can't grab the phone so Troy does.
I then hear:
"Yes, she's right here, hold on."
Okay so It's for me.
Maybe it's Kevin calling to tell me something.
"Hello?"
"Audrey? Audrey, do you work tomorrow? This is Vance."
"Yes I do."
"Oh, what time will you be there?"
I tell him.
"Good! I have something for you!"
Oh boy,
this is gonna be good.
Now it's Saturday and I'm at work again,
and in walks Vance.
With a vase full of flowers.
He was mad because some of them wilted while they were in his car.
{he drove all the way from Island Park}
Now,
I don't know what to think:
Sweet or creepy?
Hahaha!
I like to think he's just a big softy and that he wanted to do something nice.
...................
On to Saturday evening...
Kevin and I get off work and are bored out of our minds.
We can't decide on anything "fun".
{you see, i was listing LOTS of fun activities, but Kevin didn't think they were for some reason}
Then we get a knock on our front door.
We look at each other,
and I go grab Tank so he doesn't bolt outside.
But when I open the door,
no one's there.
That's about the exact time we hear a knock at the back door.
Hmmm.
Kevin runs to open it,
but he's too late.
Again,
no one.
Kevin then slips out side and hides behind our car {the stupid saab},
and motions for me to go back inside.
I do.
And get bored really quick.
So I take Tank and grab a bag of garbage to take out.
We go out the front door and around the side to the dumpster.
As I come around the corner I see people getting out of Kevin's truck...
and It's..... Lloyd's!
Yay!!!!
We're glad they came to our rescue so that we didn't stay bored all night long.
The four of us went to a new place in town called
Nielsen's Frozen Custard
Yes,
it was delish.
I LOVE that he brought you flowers!!
ReplyDeleteI think that old guy was so sweet! And the flowers were pretty. I'm glad you had a good weekend even though you had to close fri and sat.
ReplyDeleteaww thats sweet! its sad there are so many weirdos out there that make us question sweet gestures like this. we had fun grilling with you guys!
ReplyDelete