Enter your keyword

Shake, Shake, Shake!

January 7, 2011

I have something I would like to share.
I should have written about this last year (like last Wednesday to be exact),
but you know how it is.
The updating about the holidays, busy with work and family...yada yada.

The best present Kevin gave me for my birthday last year was a gym pass.
In a word, it's MARVELOUS.
I love being able to go around the corner and have over 200 pieces of exercise equipment at my fingertips.
Well, last Wednesday I went to squeeze in another workout.
After running and guzzling some water,
I walked over to the free weights and had began lifting when I was tapped on the shoulder.
I turned and recognized the face of one of the gym's personal trainers.
"We're starting a Zumba class right now and I was wondering if you would like to come try it for free?"
"Uh, okay!"
The next hour flew by.
Why have I not been doing this my whole life?!
I'm in love.
I felt totally ridiculous "shakin" it at some points,
but I could tell it was making me use all sorts of muscle groups.
Awesome.
The best part is that I now have another sweet activity to incorporate into my exercise routine!
Secretly,
I would love to get ALLLLL of Kevin's sisters to do a class with me.
Because, hello.
How could that not be fun?!

Summary:
If asked to attend a Zumba class,
don't turn down the opportunity.
You. WILL. regret. it.

5 comments

  1. I have only taken a few classes and I LOVE it! It's so fun and definitely gives you a chance to "shake what your mama gave you".

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so fun. I'll do a class with you, how bout this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Zumba is SOOOO fun!! Love it! Another one you would like is Hip-Hop Abs! :)

    ReplyDelete