This happened a couple weekends ago, right before Christmas.
Actually, it was that one Saturday I had off and finished making some presents.
After I got done with those, I had decided to go to the gym.
When I got back I jumped right in the shower.
Because that's what I do when I smell like a mix of B.O. and gym.
(yuck)
Whenever I take a shower I bring Tank upstairs with me and just shut the door so he won't get out.
This way he's not stuck in his kennel.
So I'm getting ready and I hear a knock on our back door.
Immediately, I think:
"Oh no. That's got to be a neighbor or friend. I don't want to answer it! I look like a FREAK!"
I was halfway through with my hair, and if any of you have seen me do it, you can picture something quite comical.
If you haven't noticed, due to my fine hair, I'm a big fan of "ratting/or teasing" it.
(also famously known as Utah/Idaho hair)
I know it's like death to my hair, but since I'm not loaded and cannot buy extensions right now, I would rather do that than walk around with a flat head.
Anyways,
I start at the bottom and tease it in layers, clipping each section I'm not working on, on top of my head and out of my face.
Well, it was on the second layer when I hear this knock.
Dangit.
I froze and got that "deer-in-the-headlights" look.
Maybe they will just come back later or text me.
And that's when Tank, being the beast that he is, decided to bark.
(A common occurrence lately whenever he hears the doorbell too.)
I grabbed him, clamping my hand around his muzzle, but it was too late.
I dejectedly walked down the stairs, carrying Tank (who was still barking periodically at more knocks), knowing nothing could be done about my hair.
I open the door and it's my friend Melinda's husband, Scott plus a friend.
me - "Oh hi guys, don't mind me....or my hair....just getting ready for the day..."
him - "Hey we were just wondering, would Kevin mind if we used some of his 2x4's out of his pile here?"
me- "What?! Those are my CRAFT boards. Not Kevin's!"
him - "Huh? What crafts do you make out of these?"
me - "Lots!" (I should have showed him my snowman) But I think it will be just fine if you take some."
Whew.
That wasn't too bad.
Good thing they're in our ward and he knows I don't always look like a weirdo.
Can you see my nice little wood pile back to the left there?
Whenever I notice construction on apartments or houses, most likely you can find me digging around for some leftover wood at night.
I'm a genius, I know.
And do you see that sweet Craftsman miter saw?
I got it for Kevin as a Christmas present our first year.
Guess how many times he's used it.
0.
And me?
More than I can count on both hands.
Next time tell Scott he works at a cabinet shop and to get his own blastest wood--what a cheap-a! Tell him I said that! ha.
ReplyDeleteHaha! I love this story, just to clear Annalee up he was helping our neighbors fix their couch. He was so impressed it was your wood pile tho, he asked me later why I don't have my own wood pile. Haha, I will show him your snowman, its awesome he will be impressed.
ReplyDeleteLove it Audrey. Could have pictured it all, and way to go, the gift that just keeps on givin!
ReplyDeleteEhhh, hmmmmmm.........for all those who would like to hear, I have used that saw many times and I love that saw and because Audrey is talking trash on here I don't think I'm going to ever let her use it again.
ReplyDelete