Enter your keyword

To: Mom . Love: Me

January 23, 2011

Today is my mom's 45th birthday.
Somehow,
she manages to not look a day past 25.
So in honor of her today,
I would like to list (in my opinion) ten of my mom's best traits.

1. PATIENCE
Even when I was my bratty and disobedient self (ages 11-18),
she somehow managed to be calm and patient with me.


2. SERVICE
My mom is always looking for opportunities to serve and help others.
Even when this means no time for herself.

3. PEACEMAKER
She did this lots for my brothers and I,
and continues to do it for those (kids) living at home today.
Pretty sure she has this skill perfected to a "T".

4. HUMBLE
My mom is one of the most humble people I know.
She is not flashy, showy, or outspoken.
By her quiet example she reminds me that I don't always need to be the center of attention.

5. SMART
Her major in college was Math.
She is a bookworm, and knows every vocabulary word in the book.
Need I say more?
I loved having her help me with my hard math problems,
because she always figured them out quick and helped me to understand them.

6. LOVING
She's shown this to me my whole life.
She's loved me through my messy diapers, tantrums, friend problems, boy problems, and heartbreaks.
She has always been there for me.
I know when I have a bad day or need some "girl talk time", my mom will always pick up the phone.

7. HAPPY
"It's time to get up, It's time to get up, It's time to get up in the mooorrrning!"
This little sing-song phrase were my mom's first words in the morning.
And I hated it at first,
but as time has passed I'm grateful she taught me to "put on a happy face" each new day.
Somehow she has always hid her other emotions very well.

8. ORGANIZED
I definitely inheirited this trait from my mom.
She always had sticky notes with lists on them,
and she wrote every appointment down in her planner/calendar.
We were never late for anything.

9. MUSICAL
She always played the piano and sang in the ward choir.
So I did those things too, and loved them.
I have such a great appreciation for music because of my mom.

10. CHRIST-CENTERED
I can definitely say that my love for the Savior started and grew originally from seeing my mom's great love for Him.
I love hearing her testimony.
I'm so glad that growing up she taught us the importance of F.H.E.,
scripture reading,
and personal prayer.

I truly believe I have the most amazing mom in the whole-wide-world.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!
I You!

1 comment