Enter your keyword

T.G.I.M.

January 24, 2011

Thank goodness it's....Monday?
You don't hear that one very often, eh?
Oh like, never?
Yea,
That's because we hate Mondays.
It means back to work,
back to school,
back to the grind.
Same 'ole. Same 'ole.
However,
I can give you THREE reasons why Mondays are awesome for me.

1.
I view them as my "clean slate",
a chance to work on my imperfections and become more Christlike.

2.
It's family home evening!
{aka F.H.E.}
A great excuse to spend an entire evening with Kevin!

3.
I get to go to my Zumba class and shake it!

...........................

Now it's time for me to play catch-up and tell you all about our awesome weekend!
Do you remember this little babe?

Photobucket


She's Lainee.
I babysat her while Katie was teaching gymnastics one afternoon.
Isn't she just so fetching cute?!
Photobucket

And for all you unbelievers,
I now have proof that Kevin really is a baby-lover at heart.
.......................
Saturday was our friend, Troy's, birthday.
He invited a big 'ole group of us to go swimming and BBQ at Green Canyon.
And guess what?
I took my camera, BUT took NO pictures!
I'm horrible, I know.
We all had a blast hangin' out in the natural hot springs and watching the guys do crazy dives/flips/jumps off the diving board.

After that,
Katie came over and we had a SLEEPOVER!
{Because her hubby, Garen, was away being interviewed for a sweet job in Oakland, CA}

::Now push pause, and then rewind::

A few of my girlfriends had a girls night last Thursday,
but since I had tricked Kevin into running with me,
I didn't go.
When I found out that they made fabric flowers I totally had to try making my own!

::Okay, ready, play::

So Saturday night after swimming,
Katie and I wanted to make us our own cute hair flowers.
Nancy was a sweetheart and even came over for a bit to help us get started.
We went to Walmart,
picked out some cute cheap fabric and accessories,
then came back home and started crafting!
Photobucket

It was 11:10p.m. when we got back from Walmart.
The next time we looked at the clock it was 4:30 in the A.M.
Holey Moley!
What can we say?
We love crafting,
snacking,
and chatting!

Photobucket




And here are my creations!
For the two groups of three, I am attaching them to headbands.
{I just forgot to buy me some of those}
They are my new hobby and I am in la looovve!
..............................

I think this last pic is pretty special.

Photobucket

Here is Kevin and his cousin, Shane, doing the....
DISHES!
The best part?
He volunteered.

You're a champ, babe!

12 comments

  1. Dude... so now do you want to post a tutorial on how to be a fantastic crafter and make cute flowers that I don't know how to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those flowers. Every day I make a new list in my mind of what I'll be doing in Rexburg this summer. Those are on the list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are super cute, I want them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO cute! I love all those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audrey! I am addicted to your blog! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you guys! I'm gonna make some more and when I do I'll add in a little tutorial, but seriously, they are SO EASY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the flowers aren't they so fun to make and wear?! And that baby Lainee (which is a darling name) Is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please Please post a tutorial. I need those flowers! Ashlyn needs those flowers. I need them more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love crafting. I always seem to lose track of time while doing it too. The hair pieces are too dang cute for words. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Audrey, those are way cute flowers but I have to say that I was more astounded by the last pic. What the? Shane, that is a standard thing to do for him. Bud? Not so much. If I were you, I would try to arrange more things for you guys to do together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AUdge, super cute flowerse, but Bud doing the dishes? What the?? Are sure Bud volunteered?

    ReplyDelete