Enter your keyword

Two Things.

January 2, 2011

1.
I have discovered that married life differs from single life.
Single life consisted of doing things that I wanted to do, when I wanted to do them.
For example,
I ate when I was hungry, and I made just enough for me.
Now I am married.
Problem:
What I think is "just enough for me" is NOT "just enough" for the Hubbs.
And we don't always want to eat at the same time.
Today was Fast Sunday,
and for some reason Kevin and I always find ourselves passing notes and writing down what we want to eat for dinner that evening.
If you ever happen to see us doing this,
you might have noticed that we sometimes drool over our lists just wishing the paper was a pie.


Fact:
  • Life is lovely when your husband offers to help make dinner.
  • I am on my way to making "real" dinners and accomplishing a goal! (Woot!)
....................

2.

Kevin's older sis, Ern (haha, not Urn this time!), had our name for Christmas this year.


She made Kevin a BIG, sweet, soft, and oh-so-cuddly blanket.
And then gave me one of the best gifts I've ever received.
COOKIE DOUGH!
Just so ya know, I love cookies.
I just hate making/cooking the stuff unless I'm really really motivated.
Whelp, thanks to Erin now all I have to do is take the bag out of the freezer, let it thaw a bit, then plop the dough on a cookie sheet, and bake.
Easy-peasy.
Really, how could life get any better?

And in case you were wondering,
I made Kevin and I six perfectly delicious peanut butter cookies tonight.
(Which means 3 each. But sometimes I will be bad and eat another one of his.)
They are my favorite.
Thanks a million for the presents Erin!

3 comments

  1. cookie dough, yum. that's a really good gift idea. I have yet to make real dinners too. I think I've made like one with sides and everything. I'm on my way there, but not really.

    I've decided that doing things when I want to do them is the biggest change from single to married life. I was just talking about this with my sister who is getting married soon. It takes some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute, I love the note passing. And holy cow that's such an awesome gift, I would love to get yummy dough. O and hey the Foyes are back so we should all get together, deal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audge,

    I'm glad you guys like the presents of the blankie and the cookie dough-Yay!! Im glad they turned out too. Hip hip!
    Love you guys~
    Ern

    ReplyDelete